After any type of injury or surgery, increasing your mobility while still maintaining conditioning is a top priority. By taking advantage of the body’s buoyancy in water, the advanced technology of HydroWorx’s fitness and physical therapy pools eliminates 20% to 100% of a person’s bodyweight. As a result, patients or athletes who are unable to exercise on land can achieve immediate rehabilitative results while carrying as little as 0% of their bodyweight underwater.
When exercising in a physical therapy pool, hydrostatic pressure, water temperature and resistance combine to enhance cardiovascular stamina, muscle strength, and flexibility and drive early range of motion gains during post-surgery recovery. Gait training in a low-impact environment allows for earlier replication of proper ambulatory biomechanics and reduces the accumulated damage of land exercise.
- Recovering athletes thinking about returning to sport (i.e. ACL reconstruction)
- Injured workers hoping to get back to work injury free
- Gait Training if you have ended up using a cane or walker and want to get back on your feet
Aquatic therapy will help you
- Build strength in and around an injured area to help you recover faster and perform at your best.
- Give you a new full-body workout. The added resistance from the water can move your workout to a whole new level.
- Help you move like you used to. Can’t run or walk like before? We can make it happen.